CMT804x High-Speed, Robust EMC Reinforced Quad-Channel Digital Isolator
The CMT804x series devices are high-performance, quad channel digital isolators with as high as 5 kVrms isolation voltage by means of silicon-dioxide (SiO2) insulation barrier.
The digital isolator is used to communicate between two different power supply domains while prevents noise currents on a data bus or other circuits from entering the local ground and interfering with or damaging sensitive circuitry.
This device comes with enable pins that can be used to put the respective outputs in high impedance for multi-master driving applications and to reduce power consumption. The CMT804x device has four forward and up to two reverse-direction channels. If the input power or signal is lost, the default output is high for the CMT804x1 device and low for the CMT804x0 device. See the Device Functional Modes section for further details.
The isolator provides high electromagnetic immunity and low emissions at low-power consumption. Through innovative chip design and layout techniques, electromagnetic compatibility of the CMT804x device has been significantly enhanced to ease system-level ESD, EFT, surge, and emissions compliance.
The CMT804x series device is available in both narrow-body (NB) and wide-body (WB) 16-pin SOIC packages.
• DIN VDE V 0884-11: 2017-01
• UL 1577 component recognition program
• CSA certification according to IEC 60950-1, IEC 62368-1, IEC 61010-1 and IEC 60601-1 end equipment standards
• CQC approval per GB4943.1-2011
• TUV certification according to EN 60950-1, EN 62368-1 and EN 61010-1
Robust electromagnetic compatibility
• System-level ESD, EFT, and surge immunity
• ±8 kV IEC 61000-4-2 contact discharge protection across isolation barrier
• Low emissions
Data rate: up to 150 Mbps
Wide supply range: 2.5 to 5.5 V
Operation temperature: -40°C to 125°C
Robust isolation barrier
• More than 40-year projected lifetime at 1500 VRMS working voltage
• Up to 5 kVRMS isolation rating
• Up to 8 kV surge capability
• ±150 kV/μs typical CMTI
Default output high or low options
Low power consumption, typical 1.5 mA per channel at 1 Mbps
Low propagation delay: 9 ns typical (5V supplies)
SOIC 16 package (wide body and narrow body)
Industrial automatic control
New energy vehicles
General purpose multichannel isolation